Saturday, September 4, 2010

First Letter Home

Dear Mom and other family members,

They let us write this one letter before our P-day to tell our families that we survived the first few days at the MTC.  They don't really give us any time to write it though, so it may get to you later than my email [it did!].

All the elders in my district are great.  I have come to appreciate them more and more every day as we all diligently seek to learn the language and how to touch the hearts of those we teach.

My District: Elders Heaps, Brown, Westerberg, Reeb,
Paterson and Johnson

My companion is Elder Heaps.  He is a great companion.  He is more reserved like me but he has lived his life so as to be well prepared for the work.  He is very diligent.  Although he only took one semester of Spanish in high school, he has managed to get to the intermediate level  by studying the Book of Mormon in Spanish since his call.  His brother just got back from Uruaguay and so he has a nametag that says "Elder Jips" that he wears sometimes as a joke. [you pronounce Heaps in Spanish "Jips"]

Hope to hear from you soon.  I got the two letters you wrote before I even got to the MTC.  I look forward to writing you again on Tuesday.

Much love,
Elder Girndle

No comments:

Post a Comment