Monday, May 2, 2011

Buzzing with Excitement!


Mommy's excited for Mother's Day!
Hello family,

How are you all?  The big call is this week.  I am sorry, but I can’t use Skype.  Presidente Montalti was very clear on that this Christmas.  I will try to call this week as a pre-llamada (phone call) to give you our number and to set up a time for this Sunday.  It’s tronqui time.

This week we found a very promising investigator.  Her name is Iliana.  She came as a reference from a member.  She had taken the discussions before and told the member family next door that she would like to talk to the missionaries again.  She has accepted most of the doctrines we have taught and there are only a few commandments that will be hard for her to keep…but what she has been the most receptive to was going to church last week.  She did not care too much for fast and testimony meeting, but really liked Gospel Doctrine and she liked Relief Society even more.  The members did a great job helping her feel comfortable in our ward family.  She told us she thinks she finally has found what she is looking for in her life.  She has been pretty golden from start to finish.

La Pradera Stake Center
Our whole mission is buzzing with excitement because Presidente Montalti just sent out a letter saying that Elder Richard G. Scott will be coming to our mission this 25 of May.  (Dad, it was President Ballard that told you I was swaddled too tight, wasn’t it?  Who was the apostle that came to Beaverton several years ago?  I think those are the only two I’ve ever met.)  Anyway, I thought Elder Nash of the Seventy was big news.  These last two months will be GA-packed.  Elder Nash and now Elder Cabrera and Elder Scott.

More good news! I found Elder Snow, from Machala.  He says he has a bunch of pictures of helping Natividad build her house, Pancho the Gusumbu, and drinking mate with Elder Gonzalez.  He will try to get his family to mail them to you.  I never realized how secluded I was in Cuenca.  In my first week back in Guayaquil, I met just about every elder I have come to know here on the mission.  Our house is about three blocks from the biggest mall in our mission so we see about half the missionaries in the mission every P-day.

It has been pretty tranquilo these last few days because it looks like we may have a baptism fall out of the sky for next week.  A young man in our ward has brought his “just friend” to church for the past several weeks.  We have not taught her yet because she does not technically live in our area, but our district leader said that if we get our bishop’s permission, we can teach her here in Los Almendros.  We still need to ask him about it.

Well, I am looking forward to talking talking to you all next week.   I hope I finally get some letters this week so we can do a little more than just catch-up.  Elder Sanchez is thinking of calling his family in the morning so I will probably be calling you at night around .  I don’t know what that will be in your time.

Til Sunday~
Elder Guillermo Girndes Ludlam-Quemarlo

No comments:

Post a Comment