Monday, August 22, 2011

Transfer to Los Esteros!

¡Cambios!

I just got transferred to a new sector in Guayaquil called Los Esteros, Zona Puerto Nuevo.  So far it reminds me a lot of Los Almendros.  They are pretty close to each other.  Nice wide streets, well-kept side walks.  This is the nicer part of Guayaquil.  I am told they have quite a few people ready to be baptized in September.  I was a little disappointed that I will miss Patricia’s baptism, but I guess that is almost always how it goes with transfers.  She was pretty excited to join the church.  We still had some trouble getting a hold of her this week, however, since her life is kind of up in the air. 

Elder Liberato
My companion’s name is Elder Liberato.  He is from Guatemala.  (He is in a picture I sent way back when I first started with Elder Castro and we had a barbeque on top of our house, if you’d like to look it up)  He tells me this is another good ward and the members are all willing to help.  There is a sister here who is preparing to leave on her mission.

Elder Garcia gave me his MP3 device so now I will be able to listen to my Men of the MoTab whenever it strikes my fancy.  Elder Garcia is going to train his last transfer.

Your package with the pants got here.  My district was quite impressed.  Thank you so much for the book.  Even though it was a marriage book, it was really more about the atonement.  I got some good material out of it.  Even though it has basic gospel truths, I really liked how the author organized them all and turned it into something practical.  I have already used its message a lot.  Are we really living in a way in which we can see the power of the atonement taking a daily effect in our hearts?  Especially here in South America, people say all the time that Jesus is in their hearts and that they already  feel his love, but they don’t realize that if that were completely true, they would not be subject to all the heartache and suffering in this world and they could be free from committing sin.  Like Elder Gonzalez said in his conference talk, the covenants that we help people to make are an additional help and blessing to all who are already trying to come unto Jesus.

Just so you know, I am not quite sure that reading books that are not in the missionary library (even if it is gospel related) is completely in "accuerdance" with the rules.   I think I made up that world.  You may consider removing my record above of our illicit actions.

Well, I hope to talk to you soon.  Happy Birthday, Lia.  Hope you had a fabulous Moses Lake extravaganza

Love, Your brother Nan.

Also, the ward is going to have a foreign foods night.  I was hoping for suggestions of something within a missionary’s budget and my culinary abilities (I will remind you of my Freshmen College diet of Raisin Bran and PBJ sandwiches)  They want a meal and a dessert.  Elder Griffin, the previous elder, had already committed to bring some yummy comida estadounidense (USA food).

No comments:

Post a Comment