Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Day Late and a Camera Short


¡Familia!  Sigo vivo (I’m still alive).

Flooding in Guayaquil
Sorry, this last week has been Carneval and they haven’t let us leave the house due to the general mayhem.  (He didn't write on his usual Monday) It’s actually not really that bad.  They are giving us a little bit of time to write today.  I am sorry to keep you hanging like that.

More news.  I am back in my first ward, Solana.  I got transferred out of Cuenca.  It was close, but my previous record of only staying in a ward 14 weeks still stands.  My new companion’s name is Elder Coy from Guatemala.  He is a very smiley fellow.  

Narcissa and Gisella Villon and family
It is really weird because they have pulled the missionaries out of Solana a couple of times so not much has happened in the aspecto misional (missionary work) since I left.  I got to the new sector and opened up the area book and there were all my converts from a year ago right on top.  It is kind of like things were frozen in time.  I was only there two weeks so everything seems like a foggy memory.  Almost all the members a have said, "You seem familiar, have you been here before?"  I remind them I was with Elder Gonzalez and they say, "Oh, you were that quiet Elder."

Mall del Sur
Well, I want to wish Luci a very happy birthday today.  

Love, Mr. G

About the camera, I have some bad news.  I think someone took it out of my bag on the bus.  I got to the house and I didn’t have it anymore. Please don’t be too angry.  I do have some pretty good pictures to send that I took on my companion’s camera for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment