Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm a Man Now: Elder Ludlam Forgets to Shave

Dear Family,

How are you all?  I got a huge stack of letters last week.  I didn’t have anything from 2012.  I read about all the stuff you had to do to get that house, mom and dad.  Thank you for all that you do to for my sisters and I.  I love you mucho.

Well, we had an exciting week.  We hardly had anyone in our programs so we hit the streets.  We decided to go for the members and look for references and it turned out really well.  We found some great people.  So far the most promising is Diego.  He is a very interesting person.  His parents are members and he has been going to church on and off since he was about five.  He travels for his work so he’s lived all over the world.  He said he has been going to church in the Hong Kong foreigner’s branch for a while because he found a Mormon girlfriend that took him.  He came back to Ecuador recently and asked a sister in our ward who lives down the street from him to send us to see him.  So far the only problem is his new non-member girlfriend.  She needs to go.

I know I promised pictures today but they are on Elder Coy’s camera memory and we can’t find a computer with that kind of port.  Maybe I will be able to send them later on today.  My favorite picture I have to send you I have entitled I´m a Man Now: Elder Ludlam Forgets to Shave.

Well, I am not sure I much more to say.  I could just bore you with more companion problems.   Oh, did I tell you, I am living with the Elder Carnese.  He was secretary for a while, you know.  Elder Child is the fourth missionary living with us.

Well, I love you so.  Maybe I’ll get to write a little more later on.

Love,
Your Elde

Dear Sophie,

How are you?  I got your letter a few weeks ago.  I decided this that if I write to you this way, it is probably a better since my letter will get to you before spring term ends.  I am guessing you have heard that my family is moving to New Jersey in the next few months.  I guess I won't notice that much since I will be heading back off to school soon after I return.  I am just a little sad because I had all these ideas in my head of all the people I was going to look up in our class to convert as soon as I got home.  Oh well.

I was thinking of how old a missionary I am.  My time soon will come to an end.  I've got to make good use of every moment I've got left.  I am glad to hear that you are still want to leave on a mission.  It really is the best thing I've ever done.  Do you think you'll get to go foreign?  You have to tell me more about your trip to Ghana.

Well, I'm sorry I don't have much time.  I think my emailing we will be able to get mail back and forth more quickly, at least.

Talk to you later, Love Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment