Monday, May 7, 2012

Grant Why Writes Again!


Dear Family,

They still haven’t told us anything about Mother’s Day.  Here’s my number: 084470638.  Is there some way you can do a three-way call with Bup on the line?  That’s a lot of international calling.  EEUU to Italy to Ecuador.  I forgot to set up a calling schedule with the other three missionaries.  I was thinking you could call at 9:30 pm at my time.  That way it wouldn’t interfere with missionary time.  I still have the old pink pictures camera.  Hello Livi!

Everything is going well here.  We had a ward council meeting last week.  That’s a big deal.  Elder Velasquez and I are still looking for new people.  We found one lady that really likes the church and the Book of Mormon, but is being stubborn about baptism.  We are trying to discern what is holding her up.  Alma 12:7.  That’s the scripture they always have us study about spiritually discerning needs.  We had another lady we thought was doing great until she disappeared Sunday morning.

Good news to hear about the birthday package!  Did you know that Elder Velasquez and I have the same birthday? (wish I would have known!)

Well, family I love you all.  I am guessing they’ll let us write again if there are any developments with calling arrangements.  I’m excited to hear from you …

Dear Levi and Holt,

How are you guys doing?  My mom sent me some photos of your trip to the beach.  It looked like you had some fun.  Sorry there were only sisters.  My family is short on guys.  I heard you've all been pretty big into school sports.  Is there some pretty good competition up there?  Here there are only two sports.  Soccer and volleyball.  Here they don't play by the normal rules.  They have their own version called Ecua-volley, which is a girlier version of regular volleyball.  They like to block off the entire street to play.  Have you ever liked soccer that much?  We aren't allowed to do sports in this mission. 

Anyway, I was wondering what you two were thinking about doing a mission.  I guess it still seems like a long time off, but you can start getting ready right now.  Do they have seminary up there?  Going on a mission could be the best decision of your life.  What are we going to do about my family moving to NJ?  I don´t know what I´ll do when I get back to see the whole Oregon gang.  When I go to school at BYU, I guess I´ll be a little closer.  Well, I thought I'd just send you a quick note.  Hope you write back.  Remember to take good care of your mom.

Love,
Elder Leaky-Boots

Mucho cariño,
Grant Why the Science Guy

Grant's "trunky papers" came to us this week from the travel office.  He will be flying to Newark via Miami on September 4th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment