Monday, May 28, 2012

What Nan's Thinking About


Dear Family,

How are you?  We are off today to take out an uñero (ingrown toenail).

We are trying to help reactivate a hermana (sister) in our ward and then baptize her kids, but progress is difficult.  She came to church yesterday, but doesn’t want to accept the Book of Mormon.  She always comes up with interesting reasons why she thinks what she is reading isn’t original.  We have decided we probably shouldn’t focus so much on her testimony of the Book of Mormon and just commit her and her family to start following the commandments, since that’s really what’s important. 

We did have some good Bible bashing last night, though.  Christ is the God of the Old Testament.  You can see God.  Our spirits don’t die.  None of these things are really the point of the gospel or are really that important, but at least we set the record straight.  I figure if we can get her to use the Book of Mormon to teach the different principles she needs to live, and she lives them, then she will not have any problem accepting the Book of Mormon.  She is reading and coming to church after all.  

I am grateful for prayer.  I have been trying recently to get daily instruction through prayer.  When you know what you need to do and Who is asking you to do it, it is easier to get work done. That’s what Nan’s thinking about.
 
Feely
I realized I need to do better at celebrating the triumphs of others.  Sometimes I forget we are all on the same team even when I don't like how some people do things in the church.  There are differences of administration of gifts, but it is the same God who worketh it all.  I think I just need to focus on doing what the Lord wants me to do, no matter how large or small.
 
Well, I love you all.
Brother Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment