Monday, January 17, 2011

Girndle's Grinch Heart is Growing

Just a quick note to Mom and the family,

We had a zone activity today, so I don’t have that much to write.  I just wanted to thank you for your Christmas notes.  I got them this week.  I like that quote that you sent, Mom, by Elder Holland.  That is really the trickiest thing to do; getting people to open up so you can help them see how the gospel applies to them.  Sometimes it does help to ask them about their fears.  I like asking, "Do you fear death?!?"  and then slamming them with 2 Nephi 9. 

Elder Salvioli got his Christmas package this week so we had a great alfajor time.  He was pretty happy about it. Here, the indigenous mountain people have hearts that are twice the size of regular people because they have to pump so much blood because the air is thin.  Maybe if I stay here long enough, my Girndle Grinch heart will grow ‘four sizes too big’, too. 

If you could put Monica Mogrovejo on the prayer roll, she is having problems with her spouse and is afraid they my have to split up if he can’t stop his drinking problem.  Glad to hear Lia did so well on her PSAT.

Yes I do have a CD player.

I love you all so much.  I hope you always remember to be grateful for what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment