Monday, January 31, 2011

Move to Totoracocha!

Hello Family!

Elder Nuñez
I got transferred 10 blocks North of Monay to Totoracocha.  My new companion’s name is Elder Nuñez from Piura, Peru.  We are opening the sector, so for the past few days we have been getting to know the members and trying to find all the old investigators.  Before, the sister missionaries were in this sector which means now I get to live in their luxurious apartment.  It also means that there are leftover girl shoes in every room.  I’m glad I will still be in Cuenca to see my investigators from Monay when they get baptized.


We bagged a lot of these magazines
on many a service day

Totoracocha is a branch like Monay.  I don’t know how  long ago it was started in Cuenca .  For some reason, the members here are not very permanent.  Our Branch President’s name is President Fernandez.  He’s been Branch President for about as long as he’s been a member.  Our Mission Leader is an RM named Felipe Parra.  He needs some work.  There is also another Brother who owns an extreme sports magazine, but he’s on the High Council.  Then there are a lot of single sisters.  The members here have been really good about giving us references.  I think a lot of the Priesthood holders are excited that there are Elders here again because they did not get as many chances to go out and teach with sister missionaries here. I don't
know why, but this is where nearly every strong family in Cuenca started.

Look at the size of those eyes
Elder Nuñez has been great to work with.  He is from the same travel group as Elder Gonzalez and Elder Salvioli.  I’ve only had a few days to work with him.  We did not know our transfers until Wednesday and we could not get into our apartment until the next day because the sisters still had the keys, so I got to spend the day with the Zone Leaders.  One of our new Zone Leaders is Elder Carrillo, who was Elder Gonzalez’s companion after I left La Aurora, so he has filled me in on how things are in Machala.

I hope to hear from you soon,
Love Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment