Monday, July 25, 2011

Guayaquil Day & Copa America

Hello Family,

How are you all?  So glad you got the package.  It was sure fun to put together.  I hope the little ones all liked their pictures.  I have to admit, though, that some of the letters were written after Mother’s Day.  I’m glad you liked the little card.  A guy was selling those on the bus one day and I just couldn’t pass up on the humble line.  I actually got mail again today.  This is three weeks straight.  Yippee!  Actually, I only got half of your letter.  Part One must be floating around the office somewhere. 

Glad to hear Lia did well on her tests.  Cogí un berrinche cuando vi sus resultados por ACT (I threw a tantrum when I saw the ACT scores).  Practicing my new vocabulary.  As part of my AP Spanish Language test, they added a bunch of static to a sample of a Chilean newscaster broadcast to create a realistic audio scenario.  I didn’t understand a single word.  None of the other latinos in my class had any idea what it was about either.  I thought it was rather cruel.  Glad you did well.

Today is Guayaquil Day, the day they founded the city.  It marks the end of their three day Julian Holidays.  Yesterday was also the final game of Copa America.  Lots of partying.  Lots of futbol.  Lots of lost progress with the Word of Wisdom.  It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I realized that people are always sort of partying here. 

We just keep plucking along here in Amazonas 1.  Elder Garcia has decided that this isn’t the best barrio for tracting.  There are a lot of Evangelicos here… the singing kind.  We have a lot of people who are close to being baptized, they just all have little things that are holding them up.

Well, hope you had a good time a girls’ camp.  Happy Birthday Jenna Alta Ludlam!  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Love, Gründel

I am afraid the blog may be in jeopardy.  Salt Lake has been having problems with missionaries that put too much information about investigators.  We can't include any personal information about their problems.  There isn't much we can talk about.  I am not sure how much you've bee cutting out in the letters, but they may ask me to tell you to take it down soon.  Ciao Fam Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment