Monday, October 3, 2011

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

I would like to invite you to join me in a mass groan of frustration because I have yet another transfer.  This makes 8 areas and 8 companions.

I got the hump day package.  Actually, Elder Fares and I got our packages the same day.  It was funny, because his family sent him a photo album and a bunch of camel pictures, too.  They sent him a ton of junk food.  We have a picture of him lying on his bed with all his stuff all over him.  Thank you so much for the picture though.  (FYI, buscear is like deep sea diving and not swimming pool diving.  A lot of people have asked about that.)

Elder Fares and I had a very lovely General Conference.  I actually only got to see sábado por la mañana (Saturday morning) and the Sunday sessions.  Our zone leaders told us only selfish missionaries go to General Conference and that we should be working.  For some reason, all my zone leaders have said that and then I see them watching Conference.  I guess listening to the prophet is a privilege for only the best missionaries.  As Miss Trunchbull would say, "much too good for children."  I have a plan, though.  I am planning on getting the sessions I missed downloaded onto the MP3.  Je Je

We were able to get a few people to come and listen to Conference, and I think the investigators heard some things that will really help them.  We had a really good week with Nancy, a recent convert.  She was pretty unsure about joining the church but has told us that she has been so pleased with her decision.  She has already made a lot of changes in her life.  She said that after her confirmation, for some reason all her family has started eating their meals together.  She told us that before everyone would eat in separate rooms at the same time, but that now they are together.  Her brother came to visit a few days ago and was really surprised to find everyone together, so now he wants to investigate the church.  We have also gotten the mother to come to church a few times. 

I guess Elder Fares and his new companion will have a lot of success there.  We also had a good experience with Vicente.  He lost his wife about a year ago and it left him pretty devastated.  He got hit by a car and hasn’t been able to work recently so he has kind of secluded himself to the 2nd story of his mother-in-law’s house and doesn’t really converse with anyone.  The other day, we taught him a little lesson and then afterwards he invited us to see his pictures of his family that I think he kind of broods over all day.  It was really good for him to let us share that with him.  Hopefully, the members will be able to get the same kind of confidence with him that we have been able to get.  The Elder’s Quorum has already come to his house and washed his car.  I will try and get you the picture.  We took it on the Zone Leader’s camera and they were going to give it to us today.  Oh well.
Elder Johnson

My new area is Amazonas 2 in Centenario, right across the river from Amazonas 1, which is where I was in early summer.  My companion’s name is Elder Johnson from LA, California.  From everything I can see, he is super pilas.  They seem to have a pretty good program here.  I sure will miss working with Nancy and her family.  I guess I should never get too comfortable in an area because that means I will probably be transferred.

Well, I hope to hear from you soon,
Love-- Elder Lovelumps

No comments:

Post a Comment