Monday, November 7, 2011

A picture, por fin!

Elders Johnson, Ludlam, Whitney and Demke
Famili!

How are you all this week?  I hope you are all well.

This week the feriado (holiday) took its toll on our program.  Everyone left town so we did a lot of looking for new people.  We might be getting a new house soon.  We don’t live in our sector right now so we want to move.  The new house has a nice, big view.  Hopefully we’ll get in pretty soon.

Feely:  I like what you said about singing in one of your letters.  I think I have gotten a lot better.  Before I just sang kind of softly so that way it kind of sounded like I was in tune with all the harmonics bouncing around and such, but I am getting to be a stronger singer. I sound pretty good in the middle of a South American sacrament meeting.  Elder Castro helped me with that.  He did not like it that I sang softly, being a military man and all.  He had no sense of pitch, but sure liked to belt it.  "Compañero, no quiero decirle otra vez, ¡tiene que cantar DURO!"

I had a really cool experience the other week.  I was on an interchange in another area.  The zone leaders called and said they wanted to come and see a few of the investigators of this area.  When they showed up, they came with Assistants (to the Missionary President), too.  I thought to myself, six missionaries, this is going to be a missionary sting. 

Anyway, that night they went around to a few different people.  For the last visit, we all gathered back together at the last house.  We couldn’t all fit in the house so we just set up a few chairs and sat in a circle and the rest of the Elders standing behind.  It was pretty cool to just see so many excellent missionaries teaching together, feeding off of each others teaching abilities while still having their own personal teaching manner.  Looking around, seeing all those white shirts together in the dark, I realized all those missionaries were my heroes.  After the interchange, I ran home and tried to get down on paper everything that everyone talked about.  It was a lot of good stuff.

Well, I hope to talk to you soon.
Love,
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment