Monday, December 26, 2011

Let's Get It Started!

Elder/ Hermana LaMarca, Elder Brock, Me, Marquez, Liberato, Pereyra, Castro
Jimenez, Moss, Linares, Silva, Ñacato
Retuerto, Alvarado, Leonardson, Cruz, Neilson

Dear Family,

It was so wonderful to hear you all last night.  My companions told me I must have broken a phone record (three hours) but at least I got in all of my ñañas.

Elder Jimenez and Elder Ludlam
Well, I guess you know most of what’s going on.  I forgot to tell you about our Ward Christmas party.  It was pretty wild.  Las Américas had the best performance.  They did a choir and sang some songs in Quechua as they did a choreographed Nativity scene with angel, shepherds, and a few cholas cuencanas.  I thought things were getting a little out of control when Monay did a Mannheim Steamroller’s Joy to the World number until another ward did a dance number to the Black Eyed Peas' Lets Get it Started.  I am not sure how it tied in with Christmas, but… oh well.  They only thing they didn’t realize is that they were not dancing to the original song but rather a parody, Lets Get Retarded in Here.  They thought they were so cool.  A little lesson in one of the many reasons pirated music is a bad idea.  It gave the gringos present a good laugh, though.
Elder Marquez likes Barcelona, too

Thanks again for the call.  Transfers will be coming up soon.  I don’t know if they will do them this week or after New Years.  I feel better and more excited now that we had our little chat. 

Elder Marquez is getting a kick out of what I am writing.
Well, I’ll send you some pictures and hopefully some videos.  Thanks for the Christmas Pictures.

Elder Ludlam

No comments:

Post a Comment