Monday, January 2, 2012

Who would do this?

Dear Family,

Did you all go up to Leavenworth after Christmas?  It looks like fun.

Great news.  I got the camera package.  The only problem is this is how it arrived.

This envelope contained precious dollars sent from a mother to her ill-shod son. 
How could someone steal from such a worthy cause?  Maybe they just couldn't read English!
The good news is that the camera made it and Elder Castro has the same shoe size as me so he sold me a pair of his vaquero shoes.

We had a nice New Years.  Same deal as Christmas (they have to stay in their apartment all day).  I was kind of excited for New Years until I made the realization that this time around, we don’t get to call home!  We got in a few games of Monopoly and did a bunch of study assignments that I think our Zone Leaders made up for us just for fun.

Well, we talked a little bit about this on our call last week.  I was wondering if you had any parently wisdom on dealing with responsibilities.  I think I liked being a junior companion more.  It is tough being the one calling all the shots.  I feel more alone now.

Just so you know, they took all the Elders out of Monay so there is no one working there now.  Hopefully I can find the Evans family on my own (this is the family in our ward who graciously offered to bring a care package to Grant in Cuenca).  I am looking forward to the CD of my sisters.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Love, Elder Ludlam

No comments:

Post a Comment