Monday, January 30, 2012

Where is New Jersey anyway?

Hello Family,
About the shoes.  I used the money from the New Year's package to buy some cowboy shoes from my companion but they have thick soles and now the nurses want me to buy some new shoes because they my be hurting my feet a little.  They have stopped calling to bug me about it now, though.  I don't know what I'm going to do.
Well, I guess we'll be moving out of Washington.  I tried showing my companion were I'll be living on a map and I realized I don't actually know where New Jersey is.  It is west of Long Island, right? 
Brian Leon's Baptism next to his mother, Melva
What state is that?

Well, we are approaching the end of another transfer.  I just realized how little time I have left.  I am too scared to even write it.  Got to aprovechar (take advantage of) every last minute.

We found a young lady yesterday from Machala.  She is friends with a girl in our ward, Yuliana.  Yuliana is a super member-missionary and carries her scriptures around with her everywhere she goes in her backpack.  When her friend saw her Book of Mormon, she started asking questions.  They had a nice long talk about the Book of Mormon, and "compared it to the Bible."  We told her about the Restoration and she is pretty excited about it and accepted a baptismal date.  We'll just have to see what her parents say.  They still live in Machala.
Well, my companion is medio gruñón (a little grumpy) right now and is bugging me to leave.  We are waiting for the money to come in from the mission and it looks like it won't get here for another week.  I hope Ava has a wonderful Birthday this week.

Love you all; talk to you soon.
Love Mr. Uve

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your shoes Elder cousin! It reminds me of Isiah 52:7 "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Bless you beautiful feet cousin!

    ReplyDelete