Monday, April 16, 2012

The Perplexities of Grant's Mind

Dear Family,

Fabricio Jara and his abuelo, hermano Angel "Trompeta"
I liked the beach pictures.  How did you get so many ding-bats up in the air at once?  I am going through Holt envy right now.  Tell Levi he's a stud.  So did Dad just make it through his first NJ transmuting adventure?  I need to talk about something that hurts Nan's heart a lot.  I think I need to go through all your letters and clean out because my suitcases are pretty full.  Did you say that you had been saving all my dear elders on your computer?  I think I am just going to save all the homemade pieces of love.  I only get to take home one suitcase and one carry-on.

Well, this was a crazy week.  This was the first time I had problems with a kid getting scared of the water in the font.  We got Karen to church. She's the girl I told you about last week.  After it was all over, we asked her how she liked it and she said she wasn't too impressed, but then we got the ward missionaries (all the young people in our ward are ward missionaries) to go over and visit her and then they went to an institute activity.  After they had visited, we asked again how she liked church and she said it was great and couldn't wait for next week.  I guess something changed.  We are going to try and teach her friend today.  I think she was impressed after seeing Karen so excited.  We've been trying to gear ourselves back up into" finding mode."  Last night we got a bunch of good references from different member families.  We´ll have to see how the week goes.
Cristhian Vitores, Jeramiah, Yamilet, Jixxsya

Hey, llamada número 4 ya viene (the 4th phone call is coming up!).  And guess what.  We get to use Skype.  I am not sure how to set it all up, but I am guessing we'll just do it Monday and I can go to an internet cafe.

Feely
I was thinking the other day about how as Elders we get to be buddies with just about everyone.  We can just go up to people and start talking about them without making a big deal who they are or what they've done.  Our message is for everyone.  After getting back home from your mission, Mom, how did you feel that that missionary ability changed?  Did you go back to seeing people like you did before the mission, or did you change?  Just something I've been thinking about lately.

I've also been thinking about getting ready in the morning.  For some reason I can't seem to find enough time to get ready in time.  I think I had that problem in getting all my lacrosse gear ready.  I've been trying to figure out why I have the tendency to get kind of spacey and stare off for a while and then lose track of time thinking about something and then be late.  Well, those are the perplejedades de Nan's mente (perplexities of Grant's mind).  Anyway, I love you all.

I sent José's picture with his family.  He's doing great.


1 comment:

  1. Go Elder Grant! You are going great! Keep up the good work, and I am so happy about Jose! I like his hair-do.

    ReplyDelete