Monday, April 2, 2012

Todo Tranquilo

Dear Fambly,

How are you all?  I hope you all enjoyed the conference.  I’m downloading the talks right now.

I would like another camera.  I am guessing mailing one would be the best option.  I just don’t know when it will get here.  I read something that worried me in one of your letters.  You said that you had to give back Bup’s laptop.  Were you able to save my music on there?  It is a personal treasure.  I am worried since we will no longer be in the King County Library System some of the songs may be nearly irreplaceable.  That’s a Spanish-looking English word. 

I am not sure about going home in October.  My trunky papers came in blank.  I did talk to an assistant about extending, though.

We had a pretty good week.  Todo tranquilo con Élder Velasquez. (all is well with Elder Velasquez)

Feely
In my talks with Elder Packard, we have talked about how the real path to being happy is by receiving and following promptings from the Holy Ghost.  Revelation really does make us happy.  I'm thinking back over past companionship problems and dealing with difficult people, even when everything seemed to be stretched to the limit, I found (looking back) that when I was really in contact with Heavenly Father and trying to find and do His will, everything seemed to be under control and I was able to find great peace. 

Recently, I have been trying to record little impressions to do something nice, or how to do something right, or a prompting to be more obediente.  I've been writing them on these little pink post-its that stick out of the bottom of my agenda.  It makes it easier to see how I am doing with my communication with heaven.  The little revelation dead-spots, where I've gone a few days without anything to write, have been the times where I later on have felt lonely or sad.  They have been the times when, even if I was trying to work hard, things just didn't seem to work out or I would just get tired and slow down.  The spots with lots of little pink notes have been when I have been able to have success even in difficult circumstances. 

I liked Élder Scott's talk about revelation.  I liked how he talked about having our bodies, minds, and spirits ready and in tune to receive revelation.  It gave me a desire to be obedient with more exactness.    Not that I am breaking any big rules, but sometimes when I'm not careful, it is easy to slip up on something like the missionary schedule a little bit.  I want to do better. I think when it all comes down to it, that is really the reason we have a strict schedule and diet, because that way we can give our whole body and mind to the work.  Anyways, that's Nan's little pensamiento espiritual.  Sed, pues, obediente.  What talks did you all like?

BTW, I did the beard by sticking my hair onto my face with a glue stick.  It was a plan Élder Castro and I had had for a while.

Oh yeah, José was able to come to the Priesthood session.  I think the talks were really good for him.  His wife has been wanting him to take more responsibility in disciplining his children in both the religious and non-religious aspects.  They gave a lot of talks about men being leaders in their homes.  I think he liked them a lot.  His wife commented afterward that he came home really content.  It is pretty amazing what hearing the words of a prophet can do.  He is very excited about his baptism this week.

Well, love you a ton.  Take care. 

 Love, Elder Ludlam

No comments:

Post a Comment