Wednesday, July 18, 2012

South American Culture Story

A lot of parents here tape Virgin Mary stickers all over the packages to their missionaries here because then the postal people are too scared to open it up to steal stuff.  My companion's family sent him a huge box of candy, covered in virgin stickers a couple of weeks ago.

As we were walking around town, this lady sees the box from across the street and calls for my companion to stop.  She comes over and points to the box and says, "Can you please give me one of those?"  My companion asked what she wanted.  She said, "I want some of those stickers. Do you have any more in your box?"  My companion told her he didn't have stickers in the box.  "What do you have in box, then?" she asked.  "They are books about the Bible, aren't they? Can I have one, please?"  My companion said no, it's just a bunch of candy.  The woman looked at the ground confused for a second and then said, "Oh...can you please give me one?"  We gave her a Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment