Thursday, July 5, 2012

Temple Trip!


Dear Family,

At the temple with Elder Brooks
When you’re on the road, will you get to check your mail?  How are all them Burnetts?  I am writing Thursday because we just had a special session in the temple today-- they changed preparation day.  It’s been since October or November since I last went.  We had a capacitacion with Presidente (training with the President) and we talked about teaching people, not lessons.  We practiced asking inspired questions to find people’s problems and then tailoring the lessons to fit their needs.

How is everybody all feeling?  I am guessing you are all pretty tired out.  I suppose you’ll get this when you get to NJ.  It will be two p days stacked up.

Disappearing Ink
Well, this past week, the Zone Leaders came and did a special study session with us about asking good questions and finding desafios (challenges) and not just jumping into a lesson, being more patient and relying more on the spirit to tell you what to do.  It got me really excited.  I guess that has just always been something I’ve wanted to learn to do real well so I want to make these last few weeks really count.  I feel like there is so much I want to learn.  It is 100% true what they say about the last part of your mission going by at light speed.  I remember going to bed one night thinking I had a little over a year and the waking up to find I only had six months left.  If you asked me, I couldn’t even tell you what I did in June.

I have been practicing being more assertive with my companion.  The only problem is that our entire program has tanked.  I don’t want to fizzle out at the end.  If I am going to end with any last baptisms, we need to find someone this week.  We have been trying hard to find someone.  Sometimes I feel like I’m that person who doesn’t know how to swim so when they fall in the water they start kicking and flailing and waste all their energy and then start thinking, "swimming is really hard."  Then they get a cramp. 
Hidden Message
I think another Elder may be sending you some photos.  I gave him Mom's email.  I´m not sure what he's going to send.  If you could forward them when you get them.

Now to answer my fan mail:
Hope you like these pictures of Fletcher's secret message.  I mailed him a letter once with "I heart Ecuador" written in invisible yogurt ink.  This is his response.


Love, Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment